OK, now that I know the better one includes more speed and range, that makes more sense to me. I don't need the other stuff. Thanks for helping me make my decision. I will definitely get the little more pricey one.

Originally Posted By: MacManiac
Hi Rita, I'm still not sure I get a question out of this, but let me just amplify on my original suggestion.....

Your first link was to a fairly basic wireless router / access point that should meet your needs as they stand right now....and the price is quite reasonable.

The alternative link that I provided (also on Amazon) was to a slightly upgraded wireless router / access point that will meet your current needs and has a little more capability for future growth beyond your current needs.....and it is close enough to your initial price to make it worthwhile.

I personally would go for the increased capability....but that's up to you.

Hope this helps.

...OK, going back to see your original response, I think I see your question....

The additional features listed are more background noise than a reason to purchase.....what I was looking at as increased capability is the range and speed - the other stuff is just nice stuff that comes along with the package. FWIW, not all WiFi routers / access points come with VPN capability....and that's not something that you might need specifically as there are other ways to VPN besides at the router.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8