Originally Posted By: plantsower
I tried the command+option+R thing. It brought up a black screen with a spinning globe of the earth. Below that it said "Choose Network". It had a drop down box with a check mark and an x. Below that box was another one with three dots. I clicked on the dots and got another two more drop down boxes. The top one showed a wifi icon and a box to fill in something. I tried my network name and it didn't work (you know that little jerk it does when the word put in isn't correct?). So then I put in my router password. It didn't react with a jerk so I thought I was getting somewhere. Below that was a box with a lock symbol and a space to type something in, but it wouldn't take anything. Below that was an "X" next to a check mark. No more action. I had to reboot to get out of that page. Escape didn't work.

Hmmm... I wonder if that whole rigamarole is a sign of a router problem.

When I just did a command-option-R boot I didn't have to select a network. My network was automatically selected and its password was automatically entered.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire