I know I'm cheaping out, but plenty of people seem to be happy with this router. I also have TP-Link power adapters so maybe this is a good choice. TP-Link Router
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Well, well, well. After all of that, guess what? I went to Starbucks, and Amazon worked perfectly on Safari and Firefox. Now what? Call my ISP and ask if they changed anything? Go into my networks and see if I should change something?

The fact your friend with the same ISP has no problem would seem to eliminate the ISP. You have already tested the DNS server and eliminated it. The only thing that hasn't been eliminated is your router although that seems an unlikely cause. But as Sherlock Holmes famously said, "When all the possible solutions have been eliminated all that remains is the impossible" or words to that effect. Unfortunately that is not subject to anything you can change or modify on your computer and the only way I know of to test the theory is to replace the router and there is no guarantee that would work.

Lifewire's 10 best router list for 2020 appealed to my tastes, but there are certainly other top 10 lists and other routers. In my opinion a mesh router beats a router with repeater(s) hands down particularly if you have a multi-story or rambling ranch style house. It isn't on the top 10 list but I really like my Plume router which has a unique mesh router solution and is supporting 25 or 30 devices flawlessly.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8