I am numbering my questions so they can both be answered.

I texted my ISP guy. He suggested Netgear for a router.

1) Is that really the best?

I don't want the most expensive router. Just a middle of the road one that will work. I live in a one-story, 1400 square foot house, no upstairs. The old Belkin router I have takes care of the whole house.

I do know that we can't both use the Firestick at the same time. My internet is fast enough for me, but it's only a little over 1 to 2 megabits/second for downloading. (I'm used to much slower internet speed, so this is speedy for me.)

2) Would a newer, faster router make it possible to maybe be able to use both firesticks at the same time?

Addendum: I just looked at the plume router link but don't see a price. I don't want to pay a yearly fee. I am looking at the ten best routers next but usually always pick by price.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
The TOR (The Onion Router) is a major clue! It is designed to connect to and route all its traffic through the TOR network which is established automatically when TOR launches. It effectively bypasses your local router's functionality when accessing the web. I REPEAT: It effectively bypasses your local router's functionality..

The improbable solution, your router, has become the prime suspect. Then there is th: update or replace decision. All things considered replacement is probably your best solution.

Last edited by plantsower; 04/23/20 12:22 AM.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8