I tried the command+option+R thing. It brought up a black screen with a spinning globe of the earth. Below that it said "Choose Network". It had a drop down box with a check mark and an x. Below that box was another one with three dots. I clicked on the dots and got another two more drop down boxes. The top one showed a wifi icon and a box to fill in something. I tried my network name and it didn't work (you know that little jerk it does when the word put in isn't correct?). So then I put in my router password. It didn't react with a jerk so I thought I was getting somewhere. Below that was a box with a lock symbol and a space to type something in, but it wouldn't take anything. Below that was an "X" next to a check mark. No more action. I had to reboot to get out of that page. Escape didn't work.

I've run into this globe page before in the past when trying to do something.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: artie505
Confirmation, please.

Rita experienced her same issue with Amazon with Safari while booted into Recovery. Am I correct in assuming that that takes her OS totally off the hook?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: plantsower
Thanks for putting that out there. Firefox doesn't work properly either, remember? I hope we can find a solution to all this. I know upgrading is what most people want me to do, but obviously some people can use High Sierra without problems. Maybe I can just go up a notch. Can anyone send me a link to High Sierra so I can try that? If so, will it just update my Sierra or do I have to use migration assistant if I want all the same apps I have now?

As respects that experiment, Firefox is academic, but in keeping with joemike's recent post let's give Recovery > Safari one more shot, but this time use a command-option-R boot, and let's see what happens. (I'm not the least bit optimistic, but let's play out all the options.)

The "Get from App Store" link on this MacUpdate page takes me to the App Store page from which you can d/l High Sierra.

If you d/l and run the installer from within Sierra 2015 it will point to Sierra 2015 by default and upgrade it with no loss of data or apps.

But again, let's hold off on that until we run out of other options.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8