Originally Posted By: artie505
Confirmation, please.

Rita experienced her same issue with Amazon with Safari while booted into Recovery. Am I correct in assuming that that takes her OS totally off the hook?

Thanks.
If you boot using ⌘R, the Recovery drive is a small subset of the version of MacOS that is currently installed on her boot drive. If you boot using ⌥⌘R that uses the internet Recovery Drive and I have no idea what MacOS version that would be a subset of.

Given that a Recovery Drive image will boot almost any Mac made in the last decade, I would be surprised if there was anything sufficiently version specific to make any difference one way or another on accessing an internet web site. However, under the circumstances it would appear to eliminate any user or system settings, extensions, utilities, etc.

If we weren't all sheltering in place I would suggest taking the MacBook to a Starbucks, or some similar location, connecting to their WiFi and seeing if the results are any different. Based on the prior results with Rita's iPhone I suspect they will be. That would appear to leave the ISP, modem, or Router as the culprit.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein