OK, I am assuming I was to boot in recovery in my internal SSD. Because if I am in my external drive, rebooting would eject my ext drives as usual, right?

I booted into recovery. I chose Mac HD and it said it was repairing it.

I then chose my Mojave empty partition and then my empty Catalina partition. They both said the file systems were being repaired. What??? Nothing was in them. Anyway, I clicked on Safari via Recovery Drive and it said I was not connected to the internet, so I couldn't even go to the apple sight it pointed me to for questions. I went to my other Mac and it was connected to wi-fi just fine.

Woe is me! When this Corona things is all over and we can go to the Apple Store I probably will have to take mine in. It's an hour away. frown My AppleCare will be expired, but Apple told me that if I called with a question (which I did and they couldn't help) I could take it in for free after things are open. I hate to wait that long, but what else can I do?

Also, I am wondering if I use a couple of flash drives and put Mojave on one and Catalina on the other if it wouldn't make it all simpler for me as a backup. My clunky Passport External drive is a pain to use anyway. I've never used a flash drive, so I hope it's a simple process (for me).

No, I don't use Time Machine. I find it confusing to find what I need. I've tried it several times. I just don't like it.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Just thought of this!

When you boot into Recovery to repair Sierra 2015 you'll have access to Safari. Give Amazon a try.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8