Thx for the finger crossing! Yeah, like I said. I went into Sierra 2012 but it looked just like Sierra 2015. I will attempt erasing everything. I'll let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Well, guess what? I connected my ext. HD and went into Sierra 2012. It was as if it was Sierra 2015. Same OS stats, etc. So I went out and booted into Mavericks just to see if About my Mac would mention Mavericks. Before I got a chance to do that, after I booted into Mavericks, and all I got was a blank page with a circle with a line through it. The only way out was to reboot! I guess maybe I will go into Sierra and see if I can erase Sierra 2012 and go from there. I'm to brain tired to do it now. Wish me luck.

That circle with a line through it was a prohibited sign. confused (Can you still boot into the Sierra partition on your external?)

I don't know what's going on with your external, so I'd erase it totally and reformat it HFS+ with two partitions, one for a new clone of your latest Sierra and the second to install Mojave/Catalina, but before either cloning or installing I"d go into Disk Utility and run Repair disk on the drive just to make sure that it hasn't got any evident problems.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8