The DNS numbers are not grayed out. They are 192.168.2.1. That's weird. Why would my IP address show up under my DNS tab? I do have a DNS program that is supposed to protect my smart TV like a VPN does. I've had it quite awhile and it never caused this.

Update:

I neglected to say that I have the same DNS program on my computer, so that may make more sense. I added the 8.8.8.8 dns number but no difference.

I just checked some other sites' reviews and I am having some of the same problems. Before that wasn't so. confused

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I don't want to interfere with Artie's guiding your through the Catalina trial, after all I have been encouraging you to install it all along 🙄, but another possible source of interference has occurred to me.

In System Preferences > Network select WiFi in the sidebar then click the Advanced tab near the bottom right of the window. In that window click on the tab labeled DNS at the top of the window. Then in the DNS Servers pane there should be at least one string of numbers like nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn (they may be greyed out)

What are those numbers?

Last edited by plantsower; 04/21/20 12:48 AM.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8