Originally Posted By: plantsower
Sorry about that (asking questions when you were sleeping). I looked online on FTM to see when you'd made your last post and it looked like you might still be awake.

Don't be silly! We're on different coasts, and there's never any telling when I'll be awake or asleep, and the bottom line is who cares if you post as long as you don't ring my phone? You post when you're awake, and I"ll always respond the next time I'm awake. smile

Anyway, I don't need Mavericks. I kept it just in case, but I can delete it.

I would at this point. It's waaay outdated.

I do know someone who has my ISP. I will ask them to check for me. That was a great idea. I'll also find out what version OS they are using.

I'm really curious about that one.

Oh, and I don't have auto-update turned on because, as you know, I don't like to update unless I absolutely have to.

I've got to correct joemike on this one. I don't use auto update, because I want to see what's going to happen before it's a fait accompli. I used to wait several days or longer to update, but now I"m down to 24-48 hours, and that's due to a large degree to the fact that I"ve got joemike doing reconnaissance for me. (If Custer had had joemike as his scout, history would be different. grin )

Let's see how all the various up-in-the-air suggestions play out.

I'm not convinced that an upgrade alone will solve your problem, because Amazon worked just fine for me in High Sierra, and the fact that it doesn't work on your husband's iMac suggests that there's more than OS version in play here.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire