Originally Posted By: plantsower
And, I'm assuming, you have the latest of everything. So getting Catalina won't help me, right?

Amazon works for me in Catalina so there is every reason to believe it would work for you also, but there are no absolute guarantees, because the issue may be something installed on your computer and external to the MacOS or browser.

I encourage you to turn on the automatic update. As Artie has learned it keeps things running smoothly and the updates for the most part go unnoticed except for a notification on your screen that it has occurred. Like you, my wife is not amused with change, as a retired Presbyterian minister she would much rather be studying the latest trends in theology than in MacOS, but she has reconciled herself to the regular updates because they typically have very little impact on how she works on the computer. Any impact that it does have is generally so small that she quickly adapts to it. Even a major upgrade is no big deal because she has worked up to it in small increments. In your case you are faced with a significant learning curve specifically because you have postponed the inevitable upGRADE so you have a lot of steps to climb at once rather than one at a time.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein