Originally Posted By: plantsower
Yes, I get the white square also, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at in Imgur. Because when I get the stars box like you show, I then click on one of them and it goes into my download folder. Did that happen to you? If so, it's not my computer it's something wacky at Amazon.

It depends on where I click in the stars box. If I click on the line with the five stars I get all the five star ratings, If I click on the four star Line I get the four star ratings, etc..

I recall recently reading a post describing an problem where the pointer on the screen was not where the action would occur when the user clicked, but even using DEVONAgent Pro I can't find the reference. If I recall correctly the solution in the case was an upgrade to the browser. 😧

Originally Posted By: plantsower
I also am finding out that I can't use my content blockers on several sites like you said. They are bound and determined that we have to see it all even though it causes bad feelings from their customers. It makes no sense to me.

Advertisers pay serious money to put their products in front of the buying public and the number of places where that can happen are whittling down rather dramatically. There are far fewer newspapers and magazines and the remaining ones have even fewer readers. More and more television content is moving to streaming services and thanks to video recorders viewers are able to bypass the advertising. Billboards are strictly limited. So the only remaining media available to advertisers is online. So advertisers are not unreasonable in wanting to put their products in front of you and frankly they don't care if it is annoying as long as a small, even very small, percentage click through and buy. They only need a minute percentage of purchasers because there are so many viewers and if they irritate you they really don't care.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein