Originally Posted By: plantsower
I went into my external HD and checked Mavericks. I couldn't bring up Safari because I got this message: "You can't use this version of the app safari.app with this version of Mac OS. You have safari.app 9.1.1." So, it looks like I can't even use Mavericks from my external H.D. May as well delete it.

Anyway, I also looked at Sierra on the Ex. HD and yes, it has the same bookmarks as Mavericks, though my internal HD Sierra does not.

Hi, again, Rita,

I think it's time to start thinking bigger than an exorcist...a reality show, maybe? tongue

I assume you could get into Safari in Mavericks at some point - How else could you have found out that the Sierra bookmarks are there? - but I'm at a loss as to why you no longer can.

Perhaps you've got auto-update turned on and you got an incomplete update? Under any circumstances, though, if you want to retain Mavericks, software update should offer you a Safari update that will get you back into it.

dkmarsh's iCloud guess for the bookmarks sounds like a good one, but I wasn't a cloud guy until Catalina, so I can't tell you where to look.

Sorry I can't do any better with either of your issues.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire