Hi Artie:

Thank you for going through all that trouble. As you can see I was able to put in the screen shots using your instructions. I wonder what that little white box is all about? Before you suggested it, I did disable my content blockers, but it made no difference, and my husband doesn't have any on his I'm pretty sure, unless I put them on and don't remember. He wouldn't know how to do it anyway. smile I am guessing it isn't browser specific since I used Safari and Firefox and still had problems.

So, if it's not the content blockers, and it doesn't happen on your Mac, maybe it's something else causing this. If so, I will call Apple again and ask to speak to a level 2 Tech (if they are working at this time). Awaiting your reply.... Rita

Screen Shot TextEditWindow Dog Picture

Originally Posted By: artie505
Hi, Rita,

I wasn't able to check in Sierra, because I've got only High Sierra and Mojave backup volumes. (I've got a Sierra installer, though, and if push comes to shove I'll run it.)

But since you said your issue happens in your husband's HS as well as your Sierra I booted into HS to see what would happen, and I had no problems on Amazon. (This was in Safari 12.0 to begin with and 13.0 after I finished updating.)

BUT, I noticed something in HS (Catalina too, so it's not version specific) that never caught my eye before, namely, that when I hover over the review stars on a product list page a little empty white box flashes on my screen for a fraction of a second before the stars box comes up.

That, combined with your review issue on specific product pages, smells VERY MUCH to me like a content blocker issue, so I'll suggest that you try turning yours off and back on one at a time to see if you can nail a culprit. I hope you're running content blockers anyhow, because if you aren't, I'm out of ideas. (I'll note that I've run into review/content blocker conflicts, but not on Amazon.)

PS: To post a screenshot or other type of image...
  1. Go to https://imgur.com/upload.
  2. Either drag your image into the window or browse for it.
  3. Click on "Copy" in the next window to copy your image's URL to your clipboard.
  4. Create a link using FTM's "Create a link..." tags...2nd icon from the left.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8