Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Each incident lasted anywhere from thirty seconds to a minute and then would quit.

My freezes don't last that long. I always forget to look at the clock, but seat of the pants, I'd say 10-15 seconds.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
I've now run into the glitch on wunderground.com in addition to FTM.

I've had Activity Monitor on my desktop, but it didn't show anything.

I didn't see anything in Activity Monitor either. Based on Freelance's suggestion I used TinkerTool System to flush the font caches and I haven't seen the problem since, but it is sufficiently intermittent that doesn't necessarilly mean anything. Tinkertool System has a tool that permits deactivating selected application cache files, testing and then restoring or discarding the various application caches as appropriate. I am going to try that if this continues to happen only in Safari.

It has occurred to me that the association with Safari/Safari Technology Preview could simply be because it is the app I spend the most time using.

I forgot to mention that freelance's suggestion prompted me to try a safe boot, but the issue has recurred several times since.

Safari is the app that I, too, spend the most time using, but I use enough other apps enough of the time that I"d expect the issue to have reared its head in at least one of them at least once, but nope. (I've now experienced it for the first time on the FTM Forums page.)

I wonder why this issue seems to be affecting only the two of us? It's obvious enough that everyone else can't possibly be missing it, and it's not like Safari is an obscure, infrequently encountered app.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire