I just sent you the bundle again; it's the only thing in the e-mail.

You should see a kind of whitish isometric cube under which it should say: AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle (2.0 MB)

(I sent it to myself again, and that's what I got...again; maybe your e-mail program works differently than mine, but the item you described in 4. sounds like what you're looking for.)

Try again as I posted.

The bundle shouldn't open; it should just appear intact when you drop it in /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts.

> First of all, about the install disk, I "opened it" by clicking on the icon. Poof it was open with folders in it.

I've never seen such behavior and, to the best of my knowledge, it's simply not supposed to happen. confused

I mean you should see stuff like "Install OS X," "Additional Software," maybe something else; it all depends on your particular version of OS X and what type of disc you're using.

But you most assuredly should not be able to access the folders we've been discussing.

Everything from "OK, here's what happened." through 4. is foreign, if not alien, to me.

BUT...

> I know this sounds stupid, but the only way I can find library is to go to User (my name), click on library and then click on keyboardlayouts. I cannot find the word “system” anywhere even with search. Maybe that’s the problem.

There you go...

You're in the absolutely wrong place!

You need to double-click on your HD icon, after which a window will open that displays:

(/)Applications

(/)Library

(/)System

(/)Users

(The / is UNIX shorthand for path demarkation that I included for clarification; you will not see / on your screen.)

Clicking on /System will get you to /System/Library, clicking on which will display a bunch of folders, one of which will be "Keyboard Layouts."

That's the folder to which you're dragging... Not some folder in either /Library or /Users/Library.

> You’ve spent enough time with me.

I've got time to spare; I'd prefer to see you get this right on your own, just so you learn some stuff about your iBook and OS X.

> I'm going now before I burst into tears. I'm on the verge because I'm feeling stupid.

Don't do that, and there's no need to feel that way! smile

OS X is a complex beast that has left the best of us, one of which I in no way pretend to be, by the way, scratching our heads.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire