First of all, about the install disk, I "opened it" by clicking on the icon. Poof it was open with folders in it.

Anyway, this is like talking to my husband. He gets a confused look on his face whenever I try to explain anything and after 3 or 4 times, he gets it. LOL!!

Ok, here’s what happened.

I am typing this as I do it so I don’t leave out any steps.

1. I dragged the bundle from the email to my desktop. I got something called zip.gif. That was it. Just a picture.

2. Then a window opened up giving me the choice to open it with Stuffit Expander. Then another icon popped onto my desktop like this: IMNdHpKi.zip.part.

3. I clicked “OK” on the window for stuffit expander option.

4. The bundle’s zip file downloaded. It put an icon on my desktop labeled AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle.

5. As you can see I wasn’t able to just drag it to the Library files as a lot was going on.

6. Decided to drag the aforementioned icon to the library files you mentioned.

7. Nothing happened. It did not ask me to authenticate.

I know this sounds stupid, but the only way I can find library is to go to User (my name), click on library and then click on keyboardlayouts. I cannot find the word “system” anywhere even with search. Maybe that’s the problem.

I give up. You’ve spent enough time with me. I will try pacifist when I get time.

Thanks for all your time. I'm going now before I burst into tears. I'm on the verge because I'm feeling stupid. confused

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Hi, Rita,

>For whatever reason, when I dragged it to my keyboard folder I only got the gif or jpg or whatever. Nothing opened. So I clicked on it within my email and it opened and put icons on my desktop. I dragged them to my keyboard layout folder.

That wasn't either a gif or jpeg; it was the actual bundle.

And I don't know what"it opened and put icons on my desktop" means, because I didn't send you anything that is either openable or should have yielded "icons."

Try this... Drag the icon from my e-mail to your desktop; only one should icon appear there.

Then drag the icon from your desktop to /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts and authenticate when asked.

Then run "Repair Permissions" from /Apps/Utilities/Disk Utility.

Then restart your iBook and see what happens. (As I said, I've absolutely no idea whether my bundle will work with your Mac...different machine architecture, maybe different version of OS X, too; that part of it is beyond my experience.)

> I meant put the Install Disk into my computer and opened it.

I meant how did you open it?

Double-clicking on an install disc icon should not accomplish what you've described.

PS: I dunno... I just e-mailed the bundle to myself and tried doing what you've described, but I couldn't replicate your experience.

Keep us posted. smile

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8