Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
Jeez, we Americans have nightmares about Trump while we sleep and awaken to their being reality, while you guys north of the border almost seem to be getting vicarious pleasure from our angst.

I think that “you guys north of the border” is casting a bit of a wide net and the suggestion that any Canadians are “getting vicarious pleasure from our angst” is far-fetched.

Clarification first: "you guys..." referred only to you and grelber who, as far as I know, are the only Canadians who've posted at FTM with regard to either Trump or COVID and the only Canadians with whose opinions I'm familiar.

And I specifically said "almost seem..." because I don't really think you do and certainly hope you really don't.

But now step across the border for a moment, ryck, and put yourself in my position. I awaken to this nightmare every day, and I've got my sources. I don't need anybody, certainly not a foreigner, to educate me about how miserable I am, or why, or to deliver the Times to my doorstep.

You've presented yourself in a more subdued manner, but grelber has been almost gleeful as in "look at this, and look at this, and look at this," and, dammit, I don't want to hear that from across any border.

If foreigners want to commiserate with us and add color to our conversation, that's appreciated, but I don't think it's their place to initiate the conversation.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire