> I too have not run across it yet, but in my readings about SL in operation, it has been said that if a printer driver is missing, the OS will offer to download/install it if you tried to print something.

Ah... I though you meant it was install disc functionality; I remember seeing that somewhere.

And as for QuickTime, I never even launch it, so although I've read about what you've described I didn't try to fully digest what I was reading.

> Regarding the A&I after an initial installation of SL (again I have not tried this yet), would not running the "Upgrade" disc again produce the same type of installation as the first time, namely an Archive and Install?

I guess it would; perhaps that's what's meant by A & I with no ability to go backwards.

> Since the ability to retrieve drivers, etc. is allegedly inherent to Snow Leopard, the "Previous System" folder may not be--in Apple's viewpoint--necessary; hence, it was eliminated.

Well... A "Previous System" folder contains lots more that one might want to reinstall after an A & I than just drivers, etc; a coupl'a kBase docs really are in order.

Thanks for your insights. smile

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire