Thanks, Artie. I will try your download first. Then go to Pacifist if I need to. Yeah, money is tight but if it works, I have no problems sending him the money. Please send bundle link to rita montague at yahoo dot com. Do I just click on it? Thanks. Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I loaded up my install disk and rooted around until I found a library folder. Inside it was the keyboard layout folder which was EMPTY!!! Can Pacifist still help me, or will I be wasting my money.

Does that mean it's hiding in a bundle somewhere and Pacifist will root it out?

Is it possible for someone to send me the file or would that not work? I wasn't sure what you meant by getting it from a friend (of which I have none with Macs except on this board). smile

Thanks again.

Rita

1. "Loaded up" and "rooted around?" I'm not sure what you mean by that.

2. As I noted, you've got two Library folders; it sounds like you looked in /Library (which is empty on my deuced Mac(hina), too), rather than /System/Library.

3. I'm certain that Pacifist can help you, and don't worry about the money; Pacifist hits you with a 15 second delay while it asks you to purchase, but it is fully functional after the "nag" window goes away. (Enter "AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle" [No quotes] in Pacifist's search field.)

Also, please keep in mind that Pacifist is a wonderfully useful app, and that if it helps you out and you can afford the $20 you'll be making a contribution to the entire Mac community by supporting its developer.

4. I'll be happy to e-mail you that bundle, but, as I said, I can't guarantee that the bundle from my Early 2009 White MacBook/2.0GHz Core 2 Duo/OS X 10.5.7 will work with your iBook; I doubt that trying would hurt, though. (Post your e-mail address, and don't forget to disguise it so spammers don't get hold of it, e.g. rita at abc dot def.)

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8