Originally Posted By: plantsower
I loaded up my install disk and rooted around until I found a library folder. Inside it was the keyboard layout folder which was EMPTY!!! Can Pacifist still help me, or will I be wasting my money.

Does that mean it's hiding in a bundle somewhere and Pacifist will root it out?

Is it possible for someone to send me the file or would that not work? I wasn't sure what you meant by getting it from a friend (of which I have none with Macs except on this board). smile

Thanks again.

Rita

1. "Loaded up" and "rooted around?" I'm not sure what you mean by that.

2. As I noted, you've got two Library folders; it sounds like you looked in /Library (which is empty on my deuced Mac(hina), too), rather than /System/Library.

3. I'm certain that Pacifist can help you, and don't worry about the money; Pacifist hits you with a 15 second delay while it asks you to purchase, but it is fully functional after the "nag" window goes away. (Enter "AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle" [No quotes] in Pacifist's search field.)

Also, please keep in mind that Pacifist is a wonderfully useful app, and that if it helps you out and you can afford the $20 you'll be making a contribution to the entire Mac community by supporting its developer.

4. I'll be happy to e-mail you that bundle, but, as I said, I can't guarantee that the bundle from my Early 2009 White MacBook/2.0GHz Core 2 Duo/OS X 10.5.7 will work with your iBook; I doubt that trying would hurt, though. (Post your e-mail address, and don't forget to disguise it so spammers don't get hold of it, e.g. rita at abc dot def.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire