Originally Posted By: macnerd10
Very interesting. However, I must say that it may not be that easy and obvious. I once was nearly a victim of phishers who ended up inserting their e-mail address into my PayPal account. Nothing happened because I was notified of this development. But I went to the web site and gave away some of my PayPal info. The thing really looked like PayPal without any strange domain names.

I think the only way that could be done is if they hijacked the PayPal site itself.

Or... perhaps the first part of url was so long that the domain name was sitting beyond the viewable limits of the address bar, so you didn't see it actually. Something like:

http://www.finetunedmac.com.ThisIsAFakeUrl-1234567890abcdefghij1234567890abcdefghij1234567890abcdefghij.HereIsTheDomain.com/somepage.php

Originally Posted By: macnerd10
On the other hand, if a suspicious e-mail comes asking to urgently visit a site, I always go to View source in Entourage and see what this is about. The info Entourage gets without opening the message is very illuminating, up to a different sender's address than the one showing in the message. I wish all e-mail programs were like this.

Most email programs do that. I'm liking Postbox a lot so far. [new update 1.0.2 just released]