In my experience with all sorts of cables and adaptors the Rule of Thumb is...
Quote:
You get what you pay for!
. To put it another way, the less you pay for a connector or adaptor the more likely you will need to replace it at some point. Or in even another way of looking at it a cheap product may save money in the short term but end up costing more in the long term because you are more likely to have to replace it. You have a mini display port to DVI adaptor but to be useful for connecting to your TV you will still need a DVI to DVI connector cable that will run another $11 or roughly the same as the adaptor cable you were looking at. (Note the key words "connector" and "adaptor".)

Depending on your TV and your Mac there may be better, higher quality and resolution, options available at the same or lower cost. If your TV has an HDMI port then a Mini Display port to HDMI would be a less expensive solution. If your Mac and your TV both have HDMI ports then HDMI to HDMI would be simpler, better, and even less expensive. NOTE: I am not necessarily recommending the Amazon Basics brand, but they gave an easy price comparison for the various options.

CAUTION: when dealing with Apple proprietary technology such as Lightning or Thunderbolt 3 always look for products that are Apple Certfied. I recently purchased a lightning to HDMI adaptor so I could play my iPhone and iPad videos through a TV. There were several adaptors, some supposedly Apple Certified, but all carried a caveat that apps such as YouTube, or Amazon Prime that carry protected media might/would not play through the adaptor. The Apple adaptor alone carried no such limitation. You must read all the details.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney