Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: Ira L
My Music folder does not go as deep as yours (~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary), yet it still functions. ??

Yours is as deep as mine was until I moved my Media folder to my external: I had ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary with a Media folder in the same folder as Music Library.musiclibrary.

The above is the partial solution. I renamed the folder containing all the tracks to "Media" and Music Library.musiclibrary now happily resides next to the Media folder. This is on my internal drive. I also deleted the iTunes related files, and it did not seem to cause any problems.

On the external drive, where I have even more music, the path that seems to work is Music Folio [name of the HD]>Music>Music Library.musiclibrary. Also with this file are the folders Folio Music (contains all the tracks) and Album Artwork; no Media folder. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I did "Import…" all the music from the internal drive to the external drive, and that also progressed satisfactorily.

Thanks one and all for the suggestions.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.