Update: Like you, I couldn't find any .localized files in Music, but this thread prompted me to reorganize my music configuration, which resulted in my re-importing the contents of one of my libraries, and during the course of re-importation I was prompted to (more or less) rename my music in connection with "Keep Music Media folder organized," and I OK'd it (apprehensively, because I had absolutely no idea what would happen), and this morning, as Carbon Copy Cloner was doing its work, I noticed a bunch of .localized files flash across its progress bar, so I went looking and found this.

(Corrected) Although I can't see it in Finder, the paths (as reported by XtraFinder) to individual songs all include .localized, such as "/Volumes/HD2/Music 2/Media.localized/Alison Krauss/O' Brother Where Art Thou__Soundtrack/04 Down To The River To Pray.mp3."

Since none of my old iTunes music appears to have ".localized" (as similarly seen in CCC and reported by XtraFinder) included in its path, I guess it's a new thing that affects only music newly imported into Music.

Last edited by artie505; 02/17/20 05:29 PM. Reason: Corrected

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire