Again let me thank you for your time. To start with my MBP is being setup as a media hub only. So I moved all of my music from another computer to an external hard drive and the decided to put it all on the secondary drive on MBP because of quicker importing times vs importing from external....maybe this was a mistake which I will address in the future.

from secondary drive I then imported into Music App with preferences set to have files stored on secondary drive vs primary drive. Purely a space driven decision.

The main question as I stated earlier is why are the files also on primary drive. What I plan on doing is deleting a few artists from music and see which depositories are affected. The hopefully I can delete the entire pool of songs on primary drive.

localized? do a file info look. see link /Users/mymac/Music/itunes Music/Media.localized/Billy Joel/2000 Years - Millennium Concert/10 Allentown.m4a

what does it mean?

The main issues I have with the dupe options is lack of details. I have played with a lot of third party dupe finders etc and they all give me totally different numbers often large differences in numbers of songs. Plus most don't give you options to where the removed dupes go to other than trash can. I want to store in another location until I can verify they are actually the same or different song before deleting. The is a very powerful program called Simplify which does the best job but even that has limitations.

Thanks Again

Last edited by dongreen; 02/15/20 07:34 PM.