Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
I'm talking about deleting apps that are included in the macOS installer, NOT 3rd party apps or App Store purchases.

That would explain it then. Those apps are owned by System and even administrative privileges are insufficient to delete or modify them. You are might be able to delete them, if you activate the Root user and log on as Root.

@#$%! I was afraid it would turn out to be pie in the sky. frown mad

Logging in as root user had already failed to accomplish my goal when I posted. (I always keep root user enabled to save the trouble in the event that I need it, but since it doesn't seem like it's got much purpose any more, it may be time to disable it.)

I don't like Apple's having locked down the file system, but I get it. I don't understand, though, why they've locked down /Apps. I've been running with 19 of the 36 apps included Mojave and Catalina, or the equivalent thereof, having been trashed for years, with NEVER a problem.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
It is a safe bet that any changes in deleting apps between 10.15.2 and 10.15.3 are the result of increased security protections.

There have been no changes of which I"m aware.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire