OK, not really a Mac question, although I have three iMacs and two iPads, but a question of domestic housekeeping!

Unbeknown to me, my trusty (at least so far) and aged HP DeskJet 840C printer has been leaking ink. When it became apparent that this was happening and I thus moved it prior to cleaning the printer and ditching tho offending black cartridge, I discovered that the ink had seeped through to the white desk below.

I now want to clean the desk so have searched the interweb for answers - and came there none!

The closest that I can find is HP's own site which deals with hands and fabric and it repeats many times the exhortation "IMMEDIATELY rinse the stained area ... "

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpa00317/

Well, immediately isn't an option any longer and, in any event, their instructions do not deal with furniture, so have any of you any recommendations as to how I can remove the stains without damaging the desk?

Thanks in advance!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017); 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5; 2TB HD; 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM; Radeon Pro 580 8 GB. iPad Pro 10.5" Model MPME2B/A with 512GB capacity; iPhone SE 2020 256GB