Ejector is a 64-bit replacement for its predecessor, which was 32-bit. I suggest that you try it before buying. I made the mistake of paying immediately because I thought that it would behave exactly as before, but there are some significant differences (at least for me).

The older version installed a menulet at the upper right of the menu bar. Clicking it showed all removable disks and it was easy to select one and eject it.

The new version does not have the menulet and I ended up keeping its icon in the dock, for easy access. It automatically installs itself in Login Items and you can access it by pressing the ⏏︎ key. The interface is not as good as before and the Ejector window does not disappear after ejecting, as previously. You have to click the red close button, but the app stays open. Sometimes, when restarting or shutting down, an Ejector window shows up that asks if you want to quit Ejector before restarting. Unfortunately, in the restart cycle, there is no longer a cursor so you can't click any of its buttons. The good news is that, if you wait a few seconds, the computer will restart or shut down anyway. The only way to actually quit Ejector is to click the Action icon in its window.

You can also use the Eject menulet supplied by Apple. In Finder, use the Go > Go To Folder and type, or better still, paste /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and then press Return. Double-click Eject.menu and an Eject menulet will appear at the upper right. If you click that, it will show removal disks, but it does not work for external drives (in my experience). You will be able to use it for .dmg files. If you don't want to keep it, Command-drag it to the desktop.

Bottom line: Try before you buy.

Last edited by jchuzi; 12/18/19 10:53 AM.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365