RECOVERY DRIVE: You can log onto the Recovery Drive as I mentioned previously, but there is no access to it via Finder. It is a hidden partition to protect the contents Drive from damage be it intentional or unintentional. The Recovery Drive does not even appear in Disk Utility, but it is there.⌥

IGNORED DRIVES: Are a Hardware Growler ONLY construct indicating normal drives/partitions/volumes the user has told Hardware Growler to ignore their mounting/dismounting etc. You can navigate to those volumes via Finder just as you would any other volume. To add ignored volumes to that list...
  • click on the plus sign at the bottom of the list
  • From a Finder window drag the volume you wish to ignore and drop it onto the blank where the sursor is located
CATALINA: Something that Hardware growler doesn't account for is in Catalina (MacOS 10.15) the boot drive is separated into two APFS volumes, the System volume and the Data volume. You can see both volumes in Disk Utility, but Finder sees them as a single entity. The system volume is Read Only and contains the system itself. The data volume is where all the things we are used to dealing with including user data, applications, settings, etc.

All of this hiding of volumes as well as the granting of access permission on an app-by-app basis is a necessary concomitant of security in an increasingly risky electronic environment. It might be annoying to some, but if you have ever been a victim it feels more like a warm fluffy security blanket.

By-the-way I am turning Hardware Growler off myself — just too much information.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein