Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Apparently, Ejector is not the issue. The KP just happened again. This time, my suspicions fall on the OWC dock that has two SSDs plugged into it. During the entire time that I have had it, the SSDs would sometimes be spontaneously disconnected, giving me a warning that they had been improperly ejected. OWC replaced the original dock under warranty, but the replacement exhibits the same behavior.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: I have one of the very first first generation OWC Thunderbolt 3 Docks with two USB 3.1 drive enclosures and one Thunderbolt 2 RAID enclosure (with adaptor cable) attached to it and although I have not had any kernel panics I have had multiple cases of unexpected drive disconnection. Always the USB 3.1 drives but never the Thunderbolt 2 connected drive.

NOTE: In retrospect I do not recall having any disconnects since installing MacOS 10.15.2 Beta (19C56a) — the fourth beta. Supposedly the fourth beta is the 10.15.2 release version, but there may be subtle differences. I will make a mental note and let you know if I have any further disconnects, but at the moment it appears to me that whatever was causing those disconnects may have been in MacOS and not the OWC Dock (at least I hope so).

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney