Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I will be upgrading to Catalina in the near future. I know that 32-bit apps will not run and I intend to delete them. My question: Will the installation move them automatically to /Incompatible Software or will I have to manually delete them?

My new iMac arrived with Mojave installed and I am so glad! My old Mac Pro is still working, but I was so afraid to lose access to my Adobe CS 5.

At least, I thought, I would be able to run Photoshop in Catalina, as it is 64-bit. But, NO!!!

I formatted a SSD as APFS, copied my Mojave system over, then installed Catalina. It seemed to take forever. I could not launch Photoshop. System Report says that Photoshop is 32/64-bit, so I guess Catalina will only launch fully 64-bit apps.

Also, you should run all your Adobe uninstallers before installing Catalina, because the uninstallers are also 32-bit.

There was a folder in Users called Relocated Items, but nothing was in it. All apps were left in place, but had crosses through the ones that would not launch.

Bottom line: I believe Mojave will be my last OS. I have to hope this iMac will run for another 10 years...

iMac (19,1, 3.1 GHz i5, 12.7.4, 40 Gb RAM); MacBook Air (1.8 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, 10.14.6, 256 Gb SSD) Vodafone router and Devolo Wi-Fi Extender, Canon TS8351 printer/scanner.