Originally Posted By: kevs
Thanks Joe, will study you final paragraph on blocking messages in a bit.. most non - intuitive one..

SMS and MMS text messages use the telephone network and telephone numbers as sending and receiving addresses so it is logical that blocking a telephone number would effect both phone calls and SMS/MMS text messages.

iMessages are an Apple only convention that sends text messages to other Apple devices via the email system using email addresses to identify the sender and receiver. The confusing factor here is Apple uses the same app for SMS, MMS, and iMessages the only obvious differentiation is whether the address is a telephone number or email address. NOTE: There is an option in Settings > Messages that will send an iMessages[/u] via SMS "When iMessage is unavailable". I am not sure how that works?

Originally Posted By: kevs
but question:

I once went to unblock someone once. And among the thousand robo call numbers I have blocked could not find it, as there is no search!
What is up with that?? Or maybe you have answer/tip...

Good point! Siri can find a number in the list of blocked contacts if you put the query in the form of...
Originally Posted By: Siri Query
hey Siri, find 555-555-5555 in the list of blocked contacts

...but all that tells you is the number is in the list and you can't do anything else with that information. They only suggestion I have at the moment is to submit an iPhone feature suggestion and maybe it will turn up in a future release of iOS. 🤷‍♂️

NOTE: I already submitted a suggestion via the beta test Feedback Assistant, but the more submissions the more likely and the sooner an enhancement is likely to the implemented.

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney