Quote:
I'm not a Mod on this forum, thus I can't make any changes directly.....I personally find the title of this thread unsettling and I'm not comfortable with it, however, the content of the thread (with a couple course-corrections through appropriate Moderating) has remained within the guidelines and to close it would be inappropriate.

I would like to apologize for not having expressed my concerns with the title of this thread when it was first started just over a year ago....my concerns are shown by the fact that it took nearly 5 months for me to make my first post to this thread, however, that doesn't mitigate the tacit approval that my silence projected. Waiting another 7 months to rejoin the conversation for the 2nd time did nothing to help resolve my feelings of discomfort and only further added to the tacit approval that existed for a year of conversation.

In my defense, I would say that I have a very strong disagreement with today's trend for trying to make everything "politically correct" and thus I just let my feelings on the title remain unspoken.....I was wrong!

Just because something has been in existence for over a year does NOT make it right. Is this thread out of line? No, not in my view. Are the discussion points presented within this thread always couched in temperate terms, based on seasoned logic and presented without discord? Not a chance....but that is what Moderators are here to mitigate and re-direct back into reasonable compliance with our Board Rules. In my 2 participations with this thread I have tried to set the example for other participants to follow and calm things down when they started to get inflammatory.....it didn't work.

I think this conversation is valid and should continue. I do NOT think the title should remain!

I challenge you to provide the Moderators and Admin with a suitable, non-inflammatory, not necessarily "politically correct" alternative so that we can continue the conversation.

I would propose - "The thread formerly known as...Should 45?"

How 'bout you?

edited to clarify my suggested re-title...

Last edited by MacManiac; 11/24/19 05:20 PM.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.