It's too bad that people feel it necessary to demonize those they disagree with. On this forum, this has meant calling them "loser", "scum", and in one thread wishing that they would commit suicide. It's possible to live with and even befriend those you disagree with. But that takes maturity.

I'm not going to try to persuade anyone because rational persuasion is almost impossible, esp. on the internet, esp. with certain kinds of people who are incapable of being persuaded. I will say that I've been reading the 1000 page biography of Hitler by Ian Kershaw and that Hitler employed that very tactic of exaggeration, demonization, and insults to advance his propaganda. He was above all a master of propaganda. It was probably his one natural talent.

The second thing I want to do is show you this link to a British documentary called "Deplorables" which address the demonization of one's opponent and the misuse and abuse of terms such as "populism".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afMofYie4Lc

My third piece of advice: Grow up. If you really want to help your fellow man, that's the best place to start.