Quote:
I am wondering if I should have Cookie clear all non-favourite websites cookies and caches more often than just when I close Safari.

Cookie only purports to be able to clear cache and history while Safari is open; it cannot actually do so. It can clear them only at quitting time. Both, however, can be cleared from within Safari at any time.

I've been on Russell's case for, literally, years to get him to remove the "functionality," but he seems to have a mental block when it comes to deleting code that he's written into the app, and, as a matter of fact, I've just about reached the point at which I"m ready to blow my excellent 10 year working relationship with him by posting that and another matter on MacUpdate.

On the other hand, I have Cookie set to clear non-favorite and tracking cookies every few minutes, and I've never noticed any meaningful slowdowns, although that could be a function of my limited browsing/surfing and the sites I visit; the only downside that's ever whacked me across the face is having "mysteriously" lost a few shopping carts, but that happens only occasionally, not regularly.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire