I've been using my daughter's old iPhone 4 pretty much exclusively as a camera, but also for occasional Internet connectivity, for the past few years, but it's now dropped stone-cold dead .

My need for a camera is minimal...I mostly use it to take pics to post on eBay, so keeping in mind that I'm looking to keep this as inexpensive as possible, and that I prefer to buy a new one, can anybody recommend a suitable dedicated camera?

On the other hand, though, might I be better off buying a used iPhone? I can get an 8 megapixel "5" for a pretty reasonable amount, and I've been told that even going that far back, iPhone cameras are high quality. I've got no interest in phone service, but an iPhone would also, presumably, anyhow, give me Internet access, which would be nice. (A "5" runs 32 bit apps - which aren't likely to be much of an option - only, and I prefer not to pay for 64 bit functionality.) I don't think I'd need a SIM card; is that correct?

Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire