“How come Apple doesn’t provide all the documentation that AlSoft needs?”

Indeed and precisely. Or to any other developer. What passes for my brain these days is unwilling and unable to fully understand the intricacies of a modern operating system but I like to peer under the hood occasionally. I therefore class myself as an inquisitive and intelligent user but I’ve somewhat alarmingly come to accept the general idea that whatever Apple thinks is good for me is OK. This is silly but it seems to be the way it works in the Windows world.

I know that any system will inevitably go off the rails now and then and I will always need a way to get it back on track. I’ve supported Apple since System 6 days through buying an LC, a Performa (truly a boat anchor), the gooseneck thingy, half a dozen or so iMacs (some in hippie colours), printers, speakers, mice, keyboards, an iPod, an MP3 player I’ve forgotten the name of, 2 iPads, several iPhones, AppleTV, AirPods, Apple watch. Etc. The very least they could do for me is support independent, long time and respected developers with APFS documentation. Much of my career was in computer system testing and user support and to me it’s unprofessional not to make it available. Is there something they’re hiding? Have they become over obsessed with privacy and security to shield us from lack of common sense in a connected world? Incompetance? Hubris?

Oh dear this is turning into a rant. I just want a DiskWarrior that works! Soon. Oh, and to get rid of some 32 bit Adobe detritus that can't be deleted...