Originally Posted By: andycap
I too have used DW since Marco Polo was in short pants and it was an absolute delight to see it munching through fragmented files and fixing B trees all those years ago. I just wish that Alsoft would hurry up.

I sent a note today to Alsoft and a very pleasant lady named Amy replied with:

"Please be assured that we are working towards an updated DiskWarrior that will be compatible with APFS — this will be DiskWarrior 6. Please remember that APFS is the first file system change in 20 years. Because HFS+ and APFS are so different, it will take us some time to update the DiskWarrior application to be compatible with APFS. Both DiskWarrior and HFS+ were both released in 1998. Just think of how many OS changes Apple has made in the last 20 years.

Even though Apple has been shipping APFS since High Sierra, only partial documentation has been released to developers concerning APFS support in November 2018. Because we use a different approach to directory repair, we must have a deeper understanding of the new file system. We would need the full documentation from Apple for APFS support before DiskWarrior 6 can be released.

This information can be found on our website."

Personally, I too am looking forward to DiskWarrior 6.

Last edited by ryck; 11/04/19 11:43 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C