Originally Posted By: deniro
Like Trump, Buchanan was called a Nazi and racist for attempting to tackle the problem of illegal immigration. … Trump is the first real political outsider to become president.

I can't speak to Buchanan, but Trump was called a (neo-)Nazi because he associated with and brought into the White House advisors who espoused beliefs of Nazis.

Trump may have been a political outsider, but he was not an outsider to the way of politics and money. His Cabinet's combined net worth is the most of any Cabinet in the history of the United States (even adjusting for inflation). Perhaps related to that, it also has had the highest turnover in the shortest time period.

You are absolutely correct that money is the problem in American politics. I believe you cannot be a successful (i.e., get elected) politician, perhaps at any level, unless you engage in the corruption that fundraising, etc. bring. If we eliminated lobbyists and had publicly funded elections, we would have a very different country.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.