Thanks for taking the time to put those thoughts together. You’re right that an inefficient process would make it onerous and frustrating. I gave the time factor some consideration and have decided I’d be very selective about what would be on my “must do it list” to transfer immediately. After that, it’d been whenever I have some time.

Originally Posted By: artie505
I know nothing about Amadeus, but I can't imagine its general importing/editing process being much different from that of AH/F.

For my general audio needs, Amadeus is analogous to Excel - I first got it when it was more basic and now has far more power and features than I’d ever use. However, the functionality I’d require makes the process a piece of cake.

In Amadeus there would be one long recording consisting of: Record side one, flip the disc over, record side two.

Editing out the silence, such as the pause while the disc was flipped, is easy because you have an image of the audio (much like an oscilloscope) and can adjust the height of the audio image to have more than one cut in front of you at once. Moving forward or backward is simple, and you can quickly get from cut to cut without listening through. Inserting markers is just as easy.

But all of this hinges on getting Amadeus to accept the CODEC signal. Sigh. When I hear from Martin Hairer about that part, I’ll advise.

Last edited by ryck; 10/06/19 12:12 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C