Originally Posted By: ryck
The folks at Amoeba didn’t understand the question in my first inquiry, so I’ve re-asked with more detail and will report when I hear.

I’ve heard and this is what they said:

“Audio Hijack can certainly set metadata for your recordings, in the Recorder block. Your best bet would probably be to set the common metadata like Artist and Album, create a single recording, and then split it up into individual tracks and add more specific metadata for the tracks using Fission. From there, you could import the files to your CD burning application.”

Originally Posted By: artie505
Actually, you can split an AH recording into multiple separate tracks, but only in real time, i.e. while you're sitting at your Mac listening.

That doesn’t sound promising, if I understand correctly. i.e. I’d have to listen to the albums twice in order to get what I want before processing to CDs. The advantage of Amadeus is that the transfer is done once into a single document and then I could go directly to the cuts to edit spaces or add markers et cetera.

If I can figure out why a CODEC selection in Amadeus preferences results in faders locked at zero input, with a greyed-out padlock, I’ll be home free. I’m going to write to Martin Hairer again.

Meanwhile, I’ve sent this question to Amoeba and will report when I hear.

“Is this a process I could test using the demo versions of both Hijack and Fission? For example, record 3 or 4 cuts, and then add the markers? Transferring the vinyl albums I have is going to be a massive project (i.e all albums are recording in real time) and I absolutely need to know the process won’t make it additionally cumbersome (i.e. time-consuming)”

Last edited by ryck; 10/04/19 01:55 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C