The original warning definitely did not originate at Imgur. It was at a phone site where I was trying to get information on a number.

We may be mixing two different things. At Imgur I was unable to get a screenshot of the "scary" message to link to our site, so people could see it. Rather than contnue goofing around at Imgur I thought I'd just provide the URL.

The URL I posted was a whole other story. I pasted it into my dialogue here at FTM just as I would post any copied text. However, It appeared as a hot link to a "warning" site complete with audio.

I figured I shouldn't leave a link like that in our site, so I inserted the asterisks to prevent the link from working but having it show as text. I thought the text might be instructive.

Also, one other weird thing.... This thread does not display properly. I have to open it almost the full width of my screen (27" iMac) in order to see the options (Edit, Reply, Quote, Notify, Email) in the bottom right corner.....or the Logout at the top. It appears the URL text doesn't wrap. It is the only thread acting this way.

Last edited by ryck; 09/25/19 11:15 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C