Originally Posted By: joemikeb

I found a couple of posts indicating 🌤 iPhoto 9.4.3 💥 shipped with Mavericks and others indicating 🌈 iPhoto 9.5.1 🌈 will also work. The iPhoto 9.4.3 link is from Apple but I have not been able to find an Apple source for iPhoto 9.5.1 although there are several third party sites such as TechSpot and CNET.

Originally Posted By: Bensheim
(Incidentally I had three gos at posting an image of that screen grab then gave up. Aren't photos displayable here?)

Although the UBB Image tag is still recognized, image posting is disabled on MacFixit to safe disk space and money. The usual drill is to post the image on IMGUR and then place a link to the Imgur image in your post.

Originally Posted By: Bensheim
On the other side of this office is an even older Mac, still on Snow Leopard, which has iPhoto 08, 7.1.5, so I could use that pro tem and shunt the photos over the office network to here.

Hopefully the iPhoto 9.4.3 or even better one of the 9.5.1 downloads will work. If it doesn't then we need to do some troubleshooting to figure out why.

Okay! Those Techspot and CNET links didn't work; one sent me to the App Store, which doesn't hold iPhoto any more; the other one upgrades people on OS 10.10 onwards.

HOWEVER! I downloaded iPhoto 9.4.3 from your link, waited, got the installation disk, clicky click, it installed, then I got a message to update my photo library, and it WORKED!!!

I immediately got a long (enthusiastic) message urging me to upgrade again, so I gave that a go, BUT it sends you to System Upgrades which on closer inspection, does NOT include any iPhoto, just other stuff which can wait for now (stuff I don't use like Garageband whatever that is).

So, WELL DONE guys, I'm impressed and pleased. smile