PROGRESS REPORT

From my viewpoint the Gold Master should be close. The one lingering major incompatibility (Fujitsu ScanSnap was unable to "see" the iX500 scanner) was fixed by last weeks Catalina beta update, but that update broke Banktivity 7. (That was fixed by a quick update of Banktivity yesterday morning). As of today I have three open bug reports:
  1. one minor App Store app (Radium) that still crashes immediately on launch, but it has not been updated in two years and may no longer be supported. It would be no big loss if it doesn't get fixed.
  2. An interesting situation with a beta version of DEVONThink that has to be quit twice unless its window is on the MBP's display
  3. One third party app that displays perfectly in "dark mode" but is unreadable in "light mode".
…and none of those are in Apple's control. A new Catalina update yesterday afternoon didn't break anything and did not introduce anything new.

Watch for a MacOS upgrade soon!

Last edited by joemikeb; 08/29/19 09:46 PM. Reason: App updates this afternoon cleared two of my three outstanding issues

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein