Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
Is more actually more, or is it less? crazy

A valid question!

<snip>

In the meantime I wish there were an app that would check the SMART values at a user specified and report not only changes in the attribute values, but the rate of change in selected key values. That would truly indicate impending failure. (I think I will write Micromat and suggest this as a new feature for Drive Scope.

And an excellent answer; thanks.

Your final point is so obvious, though, that I've got to wonder why such an app hasn't been developed yet; although it obviously couldn't provide definitive failure anticipation, it doesn't seem as if it would be a big deal to enable it to provide at least minimal proactive early warning functionality which would certainly surpass the functionality of Drive Scope and DriveDx.

But... You didn't actually answer the question I (thought I) really asked, namely, do the different mixes of SMART attributes reported for my Samsung and SanDisk SSDs give either report an edge in assisting me in anticipating drive failure?

And in a different vein, doesn't it seem odd that only one SMART attribute is reported for freelance's SSD?

=== DRIVE HEALTH INDICATORS ===
ID | NAME | TYPE | UPDATE | RAW VALUE | VALUE | THRESHOLD | WORST | LAST MODIFIED | STATUS
194 Temperature (Celsius) Life-span online 44 56 30 50 - 37.1% OK

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire