Originally Posted By: freelance
I had the SSD mounted in a USB caddy. DriveDx said if I wanted to get a report about the drive, I had to install another app, which I did. A reboot later, I got more info about the SSD.

What was the "other app"? There are others here who might like to know.

I notice the DriveDX report does not show the individual drives in your array and the actual SMART attribute values are not included in this report so in essence this becomes an elaborate SMART pass/fail similar to Disk Utility and other apps. What is missed by the lack of the individual attributes is any means of anticipating future drive failure. (I have had two drives fail completely yet Disk Utility still reported SMART passed.)

I have a four drive Thunderbolt 2 enclosure configured RAID 5 and Drive Scope reports each drive individually with all of their characteristics and reported SMART attributes, so I see the health of each drive independently. Since it is RAID 5 if any one of the four drives fails or is failing it can be "hot swapped" for a new drive while the array is in use and the system will automatically re-build/re-populate the failed drive so it is important that I know the health of each individual drive.

Originally Posted By: freelance
Would using Carbon Copy Cloner every month constitute a "refreshing?"

Maybe. Remember in CCC...

Originally Posted By: CCC
Only items that have been modified since the last backup task will be copied.
...so it is possible some files may grow quite old and never be rewritten.

Last edited by joemikeb; 08/19/19 08:35 PM. Reason: Add CCC comment

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein