Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Actually the critical information DOES appear in DriveDX but the report requires closer reading or there is a risk that it could be overlooked or misinterpreted.

Bingo!!!

It wasn't until I read that that it finally got through to me that DriveDx reports the SAME critical info that Drive Scope reports; without going into unnecessary detail, I was under the impression that DS is able to dig deeper into the "guts" of a SSD than DDx is.

And as for your conclusion, yeah, I"ve got to agree with you, so the same impetus that drove me to spend $100 + another $50 for DiskWarrior and (only because I was able to get it for a reasonable price) $20 (+ $10 for a CD, because I"ve got an unwarranted affection for hard media crazy ) for TechTool Pro now impels me to invest once again.

Its complicated format and smoke & mirrors notwithstanding, I'd go with DDx simply because at $20 (and including a test period) it's a far better value than DS is at $50, but since my TechTool Pro serial # enables me to get DS for $30 I'll likely go with Micromat as the more established developer (and hope they maintain the price point, which seems quite sufficient for a one trick pony).

Thanks for your indulgence. smile

PS: DDx was unable to read S.M.A.R.T. on the SSD in my OWC Mercury Elite Pro mini enclosure, and according to what I"ve read, it's because it's only USB 3.0, so I'm wondering if that's a can't-get-around-it limitation or it can be circumvented?

PPS: Does DS offer functionality that TTP doesn't, i.e. why do you need both?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire