Originally Posted By: joemikeb
CONCLUSION: For the individual user the meat of this report is contained in Problems Summary and Important Health Indicators which are repeated in Drive Health Indicators. The rest might be useful to some people in specific situations or would fit into the nice to know category.

I admit to being prejudiced, but I find Drive Scope's display significantly clearer and more understandable for the mythical average user. But that may be because I am used to it and originally got it to beta test.

Or to put it less politely, the report contains a lot of irrelevant information that pretends to give it weight that it hasn't got, i.e. "smoke and mirrors," and its "meat" isn't much, if anything, more than the details of the Pass/Fail we get from Disk Utility.

And beyond the clarity of its reporting, DriveScope displays critical info that Drive Dx doesn't - more likely can't - reach.

CONCLUSION: If you're going to spend money on a S.M.A.R.T. monitor, DriveScope is your only REAL option, but whether it's worth $50 or even $30...?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire