As I am installing iOS 13 Public Beta 5 I realize my biggest impression of the entire iOS 13 beta so far is it has been completely uneventful. Every thing I have tried, every App or third party app I have tested, just works. No battery life issues (except after installing each update unless the phone was on the charger), no drama, no angst, no uh-ohs, it just works.

The most notable enhancement is "Siri Shortcuts" (I am more inclined to think of them as Siri Suggestions). Siri is learning my regular routine and anticipates what I will be doing next. For example, the alarm on my iPhone goes off in the morning and a few minutes later Siri offers to turn the bedroom lights on. This morning after a regular appointment instead of setting a course back home, Maps set a direct course to the nearby Starbucks and from there it automatically routed me home. (It is getting to know me too well.)

Another major impression is how smooth and effortless the flow of data and work products between iOS 13 on the iPhone and iPad and MacOS 10.15 is. It is difficult to describe, but it feels intuitive for a workflow to move seamlessly between devices and to do the work on whichever device is most appropriate. This is really easy if you are using iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) as all three are functionally identical on iOS, MacOS, and iCloud.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein